Thank you for using Catch Platform!
Using Catch Platform
Who May Use our Services
Our License to You
Changes to Content Offerings
No Academic Credit
How Platform and Others May Use User Content
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services. By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, Catch Platform does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Catch Platform, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, Catch Platform cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account by emailing email@example.com
Third Party Content
Through the Services, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. Catch Platform cannot guarantee that such third-party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. Catch Platform disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of, or inability to access and use, such third-party content.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Catch Platform respects the intellectual property rights of our users, Instructors, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We have adopted and implemented the Catch Platform Copyright and Trademark Policy in accordance with applicable law, including the Digital Copyright Act.
Catch Platform is committed to advancing the science of learning and teaching, and records of your participation in courses may be used for education research. In the interest of this research, you may be exposed to variations in the Content Offerings. Research findings will typically be reported at the aggregate level. Your personal identity will not be publicly disclosed in any research findings without your express consent.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop part of our Services altogether. Accordingly, Catch Platform may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available under our Refund Policy. We may not be able to deliver the Services to certain regions or countries for various reasons, including due to applicable export control requirements or internet access limitations and restrictions from governments. None of Catch Platform, its employees and instructors, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go.
The services and all included content are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. The Catch platform parties specifically disclaim any and all warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade. The Catch platform parties further disclaim any and all liability related to your access or use of the services or any related content. You acknowledge and agree that any access to or use of the services or such content is at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Catch platform parties shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from: (a) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the services; (b) any conduct or content of any party other than the applicable Catch platform party, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct; or (c) unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your content or information. In no event shall Catch platform’s aggregate liability for all claims the total amount of fees received by Catch platform from you for the use of paid services during the past six months, whichever is greater.
You agree that any cause of action related to the services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
You agree to protect, defend, and hold harmless the Catch Platform Parties from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party related to: (a) your use or attempted use of the Services in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Services are managed by Catch Platform, which is powered by Catch Bangladesh, located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. You agree that any dispute related to these Terms will be governed by the laws of the Bangladesh Government, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving Dhaka, Bangladesh as the legal forum for any such dispute.
Revisions to the Terms
Acceptable Use Policy
Catch Platform’s mission is to provide easy access to the impactful skills. We believe strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our users as well as academic freedom for our Instructors and Content developers. We also want to make sure that all of our users and instructors feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted this Policy to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services
We may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity identified by or reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user’s access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that users who are as young as 13 use Catch Platform, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger users.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also aren’t allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user’s account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Use our Services or any functionality of the Catch Platform for anything other than for completing online courses or for pedagogical purposes.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Catch Platform respects the intellectual property rights of our Instructors, creators, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We reserve the right to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the Services infringe your copyright, the Act provides that you may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Catch Platform to locate the material on the Services;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the Act. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Services can either be sent:
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the ACT.
Catch Platform also respects the trademark rights of others. Accounts with any other content that misleads others or violates another’s trademark may be updated, suspended, disabled, or terminated by Catch Platform in its sole discretion. If you are concerned that someone may be using your trademark in an infringing way on our Services, please email us at email@example.com, and we will review your complaint. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the individual who posted the content, and/or temporarily or permanently suspend or disable the individual’s account.
For more information about our refund process, including instructions for requesting a refund, you may visit our office.
For One-time Course and Specialization Purchases
If you cancel your paid enrollment for a standalone course, Catch Platform will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after payment whichever is earlier. If you pre-enroll and pay for a course, Catch Platform will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after the course launches or until you have completed the course whichever is earlier. For avoidance doubt, once you have completed the course with your payment, you are not eligible for a refund even if it is within 14 days. If you do not complete your Course within 180 days, your registration will expire and you will need to pay to re-enroll for the course.
For Other Paid Services
Except as described in this Refund Policy or as explicitly stated as part of the sign-up process for a Service, Catch Platform has no obligation to provide refunds or vouchers for any other Services.
Third Party Marketplaces
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you purchase or subscribe for a course, Specialization, guided project, or purchase any other paid Service, through a third party marketplace (e.g., in-app purchases through the Apple App Store or purchases made through certain alternative payment services), the refund policy applicable to that third party marketplace will apply, unless otherwise explicitly stated by Catch Platform. Except as otherwise explicitly stated by Catch Platform, the third-party marketplace will be solely responsible for making refunds under its refund policy, and Catch Platform will have no refund obligations. Catch Platform disclaims any responsibility or liability related to any third-party marketplace’s refund policy or the third party’s compliance or noncompliance with such policy.
All students participating in the class must agree to abide by the following code:
- I will register for only one account, unless expressly permitted to register for additional accounts by Catch Platform.
- I will not make solutions course materials available to anyone else (except to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both materials written by me, as well as any materials provided by the course staff or others.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.